Print making – lino printing
Lino cutting and lino printing with artist Jill Dow. A step by step introduction of designing, cutting and printing. Come and create a simple and bold design to carve in lino and print up your very own art work by hand printing or using the printing press. Suitable for beginners as well as for those with some experience of relief printing.
you will learn:
• how to use the tools and practice different types of mark making
• how to print by hand and using a printing press
practical tips and advice and high level of personal attention – all levels welcome. ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED.
Currently we only run all day workshops on Saturdays. We are planning to add a regular class in 2021. The class content will cover how to ink the linoleum sheet with a roller (called a brayer), and who to impressed onto paper or fabric.
We will provide you with all the necessary tools for the lino printing like
- Linocutting / carving tools
- Lino cutting sets – consisting of a plastic or wooden handle with replaceable blades
- Printing ink
- Paper or fabric
- Roller (or brayer)
- Burnishing tool
- Pencils, pens, ruler and eraser
For workshop dates please check our course calendar.